https://reallygreatfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/pitabread.jpg 560 1024 admin https://reallygreatfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Really-Great-Food-Logo-21.png admin2017-05-10 16:00:512017-05-10 16:00:5110 Minute Gluten-Free Pocketless Pita
10 Minute Gluten-Free Pocketless Pita
Using The Really Great Food Company All-Purpose Flour
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 ½ cups RGF All-Purpose flour
- ½ c garbanzo/fava bean flour
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 package yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- ½ cup water
Preheat oven to 350*
- Sprinkle yeast into 1/4 cup warm water. Cover with towel. Let sit and rest for 5 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, combine All-Purpose flour, Garbanzo flour, 1/2 cup water, oil and yeast mixture. Mix into a dough using hands or food processor for about 1 minute. If dough is too sticky, add another tbsp of All-Purpose flour.
- Roll out into 6 medium balls or 4 large balls depending if you want medium or large pitas.
- Flatten out into round pita shape roughly 1/4″ high.
- Prick with a fork, brush with oil and sprinkle with spices.
Bake in the oven for 12 -15 minutes
*we used McCormick Mediterranean Spice Combo
Recipe courtesy of @abcglutenfree – https://livestream.com/abcglutenfree
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!