https://reallygreatfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/cannolishells.jpg 1067 1600 admin https://reallygreatfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Really-Great-Food-Logo-21.png admin2017-03-27 14:47:142017-03-27 14:49:04Gluten-Free Cannoli Shells
Gluten-Free Cannoli Shells
Using The Really Great Food Company All-Purpose Flour Mix
YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 cups RGF All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg or egg replacer
- 1 tablespoon vodka or white wine
- 1 Pot with 3” of oil
- Cannoli Molds
- Blend the flour, sugar, extract, egg and vodka or white wine. If too dry, add a little more wine or vodka
- Roll into 6 balls and let rest. Start heating up oil on high heat.
- While the oil heats up, roll cannoli into flat-round shape with floured rolling pin and then roll around cannoli molds
- Fry 3-5 minutes unitl crispy and golden
- Remove from cannoli mold and allow to cool
- Fill with whipped cream, cannoli cream or ice cream
Recipe courtesy of @ABCglutenfree – https://livestream.com/abcglutenfree
these worked very well. I used plain old buckwheat flour. They stuck to the tube until it was cooled off, and one site said to grease the tubes, so there is an experiment to do. Place seam side down on paper towel. The recipe gets dry quickly and then they crack and do not roll well, so be prepared to keep the dough damp with a cloth.
Thanks for the suggestion Heather! Glad the recipe worked very well!
Hi, approximately how many cannoli does this recipe make?
Liza, This recipe makes 6 cannoli shells. Hope they turn out great for you!
What a joy for our family to find GF Cannoli.
Next time I must roll them out much thinner.
(I did peek at another cannoli recipe…
I added a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg, oh yum)
Definitely make these treasures again, thank you ♥️
The nutmeg and cinnamon sound like a wonderful idea. Glad you enjoyed it :)