https://reallygreatfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/baaananananaftoast.jpg 782 1200 admin https://reallygreatfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Really-Great-Food-Logo-21.png admin2018-04-06 11:37:332018-04-06 13:18:21Gluten-Free Banana French Toast
Gluten-Free Banana French Toast
Using the The Really Great Food Company Banana Bread Mix
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 package of RGF Banana Bread Mix
- 1 cup overripe or ripe mashed bananas (approx. 3 bananas)
- ¼ cup water, milk or milk alternative
- 1 cup eggs or egg alternative (approx. 4 large eggs)
- ¾ cup oil
- gluten-free bread slices(we recommend Udi’s)
- Put eggs, oil, water, milk or milk alternative in mixing bowl. Beat together
- Add banana bread mix to wet ingredients. Mix until both are blended together
- Place cup of bananas in a separate bowl and thoroughly mash using fork.
- Add mashed bananas to contents in mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed for 1 minute. DO NOT over beat.
- Heat griddle/pan over medium flame. Use butter or oil on griddle/pan. Heat until sizzling.
- Place bread slices into batter. Make sure a thin layer of batter covers both sides. Place bread onto hot griddle/pan. Cook on each side until cooked through.
- Top with maple syrup and enjoy!
Optional: Slice additional banana into 1/8″ slices and put on top of french toast.
*recipe yields about 10-12 pieces of french toast
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!