Using the The Really Great Food Company All-Purpose Flour Mix
YOU WILL NEED:
- 3 1/2 cups RGF All-Purpose Flour
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons honey syrup or agave
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup room temperature water
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or butter substitute
- 3/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2-3/4 cup raisins
3 bowls(1 small, 1 medium, 1 large), Spatula, Mixer w/ paddle attachment…or strong arms!
Preheat oven to 390*
In small bowl place chia seeds and room temp water. Let sit 5 min.
In large bowl place warm water, yeast, oil, honey & apple cider vinegar. Let sit until it blooms, approximately 5-10 min.
In medium bowl mix raisins, cinnamon and brown sugar set aside until needed
After contents in large bowl has bloomed, add chia mixture and let sit 5 minutes together.
Add flour and salt, then mix for 2-3 minutes on low- medium power.
- Place plastic wrap down on counter to cover area to roll out dough…. spray plastic or brush with oil. Roll out dough onto oiled plastic.
Mix in raisin mixture from medium bowl and knead dough with lightly oiled hands for 2 minutes using plastic wrap to help you. Grease loaf pan with butter or substitute. Place in a greased loaf pan
Brush with melted butter or substitute or cover with a bit of additional brown sugar.
- Bake 45-55 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes then remove from pan.
(1) – 9″ x 5″ loaf pan
Bread Pudding Option
YOU WILL NEED:
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or milk substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Preheat oven to 350*
Mix together, cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl
Slice bread and toast until golden brown
- In a medium bowl mix eggs and milk. Beat together.
- Layer bread in greased pan. Cover with egg mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream or for brunch topped with some fruit
(1) – 8″ x 8″ pan
Recipe courtesy of @abcglutenfree – https://livestream.com/abcglutenfree