Using The Really Great Food Company Chocolate Cake Mix & All-Purpose Flour
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 package RGF Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 cup RGF All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350*
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, flour, butter, eggs, chocolate syrup and extracts until well blended. Stir in almonds and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half. On ungreased baking sheets, shape each portion into a 12×2-inch log.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until firm to the touch. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool 20 minutes.
- Transfer baked logs to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 1/2-in. slices.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets, cut side down. Bake 10-15 minutes or until firm. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
**Note: Product can be frozen in airtight containers. When ready to eat, thaw in covered containers