https://reallygreatfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/choccrossianthomemade.jpg 357 550 admin https://reallygreatfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Really-Great-Food-Logo-21.png admin2019-01-30 17:28:002019-01-30 17:28:04Gluten-Free Chocolate Croissant
Using The Really Great Food Company All-Purpose Flour Mix
YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 1/2 cup RGF All-Purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 stick of butter of choice
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 5 enjoy life mini dark chocolate bars
In a large bowl, combine milk, sugar & yeast. Cover with a towel & allow to bloom 10 minutes
- Beat butter between two pieces of plastic wrap to form rectangle, wrap and set aside in refrigerator.
Add 2 1/2 c RGF All-Purpose flour, mix on medium until a dough forms and all liquid is combined.
Roll out on plastic wrap into a 10” rectangle. Add butter rectangle to top of dough in middle section. Fold dough over into thirds, roll into a rectangle turn and repeat one time. Refrigerate for one hour. Patience 🙂
- Repeat 3 more times turning and rolling out each time the same way. After 3rd time, roll out with plastic wrap on both sides into rectangle again. Cut dough into 10 triangles.
Place piece of chocolate on larger side of rectangle (the bottoms). Roll up from large bottom to small top to form croissant, the tip will be the end. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, brush with milk of choice and butter of choice.
Bake on 425* for 15-17 min. Serve warm with a cup of coffee or side of ice cream!
Recipe courtesy of @ABCglutenfree – https://livestream.com/abcglutenfree