Using The Really Great Food Company All-Purpose Flour
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 1/4 cups RGF All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (we highly recommend Libby’s brand)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat electric griddle to 350*
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg & ginger. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, pumpkin, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Don’t over mix the batter. The batter will be thick. You can add a little more buttermilk if you prefer thinner pancakes.
- Coat griddle pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour about 1/3 cup of batter onto heated skillet. Cook on the first side until bubbles begin to form, about 2-3 minutes. Carefully flip pancake over and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Continue this process to prepare the rest of the pancakes.
- Serve pancakes warm with butter and maple syrup, if desired.
*Note – if you don’t have an electric griddle pan, you can use a skillet and make the pancakes on the stove. Heat the pan to medium heat, spray with nonstick cooking spray, and follow direction #3.