Using The Really Great Food Company All-Purpose Flour
YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 cups RGF All-Purpose Flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam(not chunky preserves)
- Powdered sugar
– You will need a 3 1/2″ cookie or biscuit cutter(round or whatever shape you prefer) for the bottom and a 1 inch cutter for the design in the top of the cookie.
Preheat oven to 350*
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter at medium speed until creamy; gradually add the brown sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, beating until blended
- Add the flour and salt to the butter mixture, beating well. Divide the dough in half, and wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap. Chill 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll half of the dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Keep the remaining dough chilled until ready to use. Cut with a 3 1/2-inch cookie cutter. Transfer the cookies to lightly greased baking sheets or baking sheets lined with parchment.
- Roll the remaining half of the dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a 3 1/2-inch cookie cutter. Transfer the cookies to prepared baking sheets. Cut out the center of each cookie with a 1 inch cookie cutter in heart shape(or whatever shape you prefer).
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned. Cool slightly on the baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread the solid cookies evenly with strawberry jam. Dust the cookies with the cutout centers lightly with powdered sugar. Top the solid cookies with the sugar-dusted cookies, pressing lightly together to fill cutouts with jam.