Using The Really Great Food Company All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 cups of RGF All-Purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or Earth balance
- 1 egg or egg replacer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Store bought or….
- 3 cups powder sugar sifted
- 1 tablespoon butter or replacement
- 2 tablespoons milk or substitute
- Food coloring(if desired)
- Blend together until smooth.
- Add food coloring if desired
- Fill a piping bag or plastic bag. After cookies have cooled, pipe and decorate with frosting, sprinkles, candies…etc
*Always check to make sure toppings are gluten free
Preheat oven to 350*
- Blend butter and sugar together. Add egg and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to wet ingredients.
- Add 1-2 drops of ice water if needed for dough to come together Add 2-5 drops food coloring (pomegranate powder, spirulina or beet juice) or traditional food dye
- Roll dough out onto plastic wrap. Use cookie cutter to cut out shapes or do it manually with a knife.
- Bake on parchment lined baking sheet for 9-12 minutes until edges are golden. Cool for 5 minutes and remove from cookie sheet onto cooling rack.
- Decorate with frosting as desired. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of @ABCglutenfree – https://livestream.com/abcglutenfree