Thanksgiving is right around the corner and you will definitely have stuffing on your table. Unfortunately, if anyone has celiac disease or is gluten intolerant, they will not be able to enjoy the dish with everyone else. Have no fear because we are going to give you an amazing gluten free cornbread stuffing recipe using our gluten free cornbread mix. The mix uses dried herbs, fresh veggies and of course our gluten free cornbread muffin mix.
The recipe is pretty simple. First, you bake the cornbread according to the instructions on the box. Then you saute all of the herbs and veggies, then mix with crumbled cornbread and bake. This is the most delicious gluten free cornbread stuffing you will ever eat!
- 1 box RGF gluten free corn bread muffin mix
- 3 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sage
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425 deg F.
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except cornbread) and mix together with a fork.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.Scoop crumbled cornbread into a 9×13 baking dish, add sauté mixture and toss together lightly with a fork (so the bread doesn’t get mushy). Drizzle with melted butter.